In 1915 Mr. John R. Edgett and Mr. Blain Fulton open the Edgett & Fulton Lumber Company. It was located at 219 Crescent Avenue, Erlanger, Kentucky. That was before the Post Office changed all addresses of streets parallel with Dixie Highway. It is the same location as the present 3219 Crescent Avenue of the present day Boone Kenton Lumber Co. Many fires occurred at the Lumber Yard and the owners always rebuilt the business.
Mr. J. R. Edgett and his wife Minnie had one daughter Grace and they lived at 107 Erlanger Road. Mr. Blaine Fulton and his wife Hannah lived at 201 Erlanger Road. Bruce Fulton (son of Blaine Fulton) remembers one large drayage horse that pulled the lumber wagon around the yard and was kept in a stall at the lumber yard.
On April 15, 1924, Mr. R. C. McNay purchased the Lumber Company and the name was changed to Boone Kenton Lumber Company, Inc. In a 1929 article in the Kentucky Post it was stated that the Boone Kenton Lumber Company is one of the most modernly equipped in or about Northern Kentucky. It is located on the Southern R.R. and has the advantage of downtown yards in the fact that it has ample advancing territory in which to spread its growth.
On December 6, 1960 by Warren E. Kelly purchased Boone Kenton Lumber Company. Upon the death of Mr. Warren E. Kelly in 1960, Mr. Works, who was involved with Mr. Kelly in many of his endeavors, became the President, Secretary, and Treasurer of the Corporation.
In 2015 the City of Erlanger presented the Business a plaque of congratulations for being the oldest business in the city as the business celebrated its 100th anniversary.
>> View the Full (PDF)