Due to the revitalization of the 1877 Depot on Crescent Ave in Erlanger, owned by the City of Erlanger, the Erlanger Mayor and City Council decided they will no longer need the gift-giving arm of the Erlanger Historical Society Volunteers.
For the past 30 years the Society has been part of the Depot Museum. The Historical Society was initiated at the request of Mayor Fred Thomas in 1990.
Times change, administrations change and new ideas surface. This Erlanger Mayor and City Council plans to go a different direction and asked the Erlanger Historical Society to vacate the premises by the end of April 2021.
About the Erlanger Elsmere Historical Society
The Erlanger Historical Society was founded in 1990 to collect and preserve the artifacts, papers and other memorabilia and documentation for the city of Erlanger, Kentucky. The society exists to engage the citizens in the discovery of Erlanger’s past, through the preservation of the 1877 Depot Museum, the last remaining wooden depot structure between Cincinnati and Chattanooga.
>> Learn More